Friday, September 12, 2008

Nana and Papaw visit England

Last weekend my parents arrived for a two week visit in England. Instead of coming straight to our house from the airport we decided to spend the weekend in London sightseeing. Saturday we walked to Kensington Garden and looked around. That night we ate at Hard Rock Cafe and did some shopping at the HR Store. Sunday we spent the day at Royal Botanical Gardens called Kew Gardens. The palm house was really cool with Palm trees that are really old and therefore TALL. One of them dated back to 1775! It was really neat. Then Monday we rode around on open-top double decker buses while on The Original Bus Tour. I got my picture taken at Trafalgar Square with the Lions which was fun (but a little scary) because I had my pic taken there back when I was 12 and in London on a church choir trip. I will try to find the old picture to scan and post next to the new one. Here are some pics from Kew Gardens. I will upload the Bus Tour pics and post them later along with some from our trip to Hedington Castle that we did yesterday. JT and SJ with the 150 year old Chiliean Wine Palm. Jack and I overlooking a little waterfall in a rock garden JT and SJ in front to the Palm House. Beginning of the time line for the Cycad that arrived at Kew in 1775. It is the oldest potted plant ever! (not the little pot next to the sign...the little pic to the right has the base of the old palm and it goes up in the background of the pic) SJ in front of some pretty red flowers! With one of the Queen's beasts! Jack liked the dragon!

My handsome boys on the Treetop walk that is approx. 40 ft. high!

No comments:

Post a Comment