Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our new site

Hi there... So here is our new blog! Matt already posted about his new car, the MG TF. He is super excited about it and has a great time with it. He's been going to MG owner's club meetings that meets at a pub here in the area. I'm sure he'll post pictures of his and other cool cars that he sees. As for Jack and I, we keep busy with all kinds of stuff during the day. We go to the gym, swimming, and various other toddler friendly activities. I am pleasantly surprised at all the groups and activities that are available for little or no cost. So, here's a little recap of what we've been up to since we got here. In November we moved into our house and spent the month getting settled. Toward the end of the month we got our first visitors! My parents came to visit after Thanksgiving. We had a good time and did a lot of exploring around the area. Then in December Clay and Krystal, Mark and Jane all came to visit. We celebrated Christmas eve and day at Jane's mother's house in Ufford. It was fabulous! Father Christmas came by the house in his sled late on Christmas Eve and had a package just for Jack! Christmas day we enjoyed a wonderful dinner prepared by Dorothy, Mark, Jane and Joe. We tried traditional Christmas Pudding (I got caught making a not so nice face too...) and opened our crackers at the table. Then we opened gifts together by the fire. The rest of Clay and Krystal's visit included a whirlwind trip to London and the Tower Bridge. We also went to some castles and Cambridge. In the early Spring Matt started training for his first marathon so there was LOTS of running being done. At the end of March my mom and Aunt Bee came over to help us celebrate Matt's promotion to Major. Before that though Mom, Bee, Jack and I took a day trip to London on Mom's birthday and enjoyed the sights from the top of a double-decker bus and a cruise down the Thames. We had a great day being tourists! The promotion ceremony was very nice and the party was tons of fun! The week after the promotion we ventured out again to see Stonehenge and the city of Bath. Mom and Bee really had a great time and then headed off to see my cousin in Madrid. They had a great time there too. In May, we drove up to Edinburgh Scotland to see Amy run in the Edinburgh Marathon. That was incredible. She did GREAT and Edinburgh was beautiful. Father's Day weekend. Matt ran in his first trail marathon. He did GREAT also! We also went to Bognor Regis and Arundel Castle which were both fascinating. July is a big month for us as it's Jack's birthday and our anniversary. SO, we had a great 2nd birthday party with Jack and a wonderful 9th anniversary dinner the next week. Whew...didn't seem like much until I typed it all out! The months have been flying by very quickly. I am in the process of starting to volunteer with the American Red Cross at the base hospital and then hopefully finding a full time position in the fall. Wish me luck! I will try to keep this updated with happenings and pics as much as I can. I probably won't post everyday but I'll try to do so often. So until next time.... Y, Em

1 comment:

  1. Your blogo looks great! I think you will have a lot of fun with it. IT takes some practice but it is a great way to keep up with family and friends. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete