Thursday, January 22, 2009

Longhorns in Blanco

My brother has a pasture full of Longhorn at his place in Blanco, Texas. Christmas Eve morning he was headed out to feed the herd and we got to tag along. Jack was a little nervous about getting out of the truck but Matt promised to hold him so he came out to see the cows. He really liked watching them eat their breakfast and really thought the baby was super cute. I can't remember all of their names but the big male is called Stevie Ray and I think the white and red one is called Clementine.
Chow time!
The little ones aren't named yet but I put a vote in to call one of them Stevie Nicks and Stevie Wonder....I'm not sure the Stevie theme will catch on though..haha!
Momma and Baby
Close up! Patiently waiting for Mark to get the hay ready to eat. Golden Corral all your can eat buffet of hay!
If Stevie Ray could talk he'd say "Seriously? Do I take pictures of you eating breakfast?" And last but not least...
This little guy (sorry for the blur) is called "Rib-Eye," I'll give you one guess as to why.......yep, he's what's for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Rib Eye, my kids just started putting together where their favorite burger comes from. We haven't touched on bacon yet...Yikes!

    ReplyDelete