Sunday, December 14, 2008

Here comes Santa Claus!

Jack is such a lucky boy he's had two encounters with the The Man in Red this season.
On Dec. 6th we were guests at Breakfast with Santa hosted by the Mildenhall Combined Spouses Club on base. It was a fun day with games, crafts and of course a visit with Santa. Jack was sure to tell Santa that he's been a very good boy and that he'd like a guitar for Christmas! (The pictures with Santa were taken with a friend's camera because my batteries died right when Jack sat on Santa's lap so I'll post them when I get them.)
Playing a game with one of Santa's helpers (local Girl Scout Volunteers).
Working on some crafts with Santa's helpers and his friend Kendall.
Yesterday (the 13th) Santa made another special trip to RAF Mildenhall with the help of the 67th SOS and arrived on a MC-130 Shadow! It a fantasic sight to see. The children were all gathered for a squadron Christmas party when we heard the news that Santa was in town just to see them! Imagine their delight when he emerged from the plane waving, then drove out of the plane on a golf type cart and right over to the waiting children. Even the adults were excited!
Jack and Maggie decorating cookies! YUM!
Ornament painting was a big hit. Outside in the freezing wind waiting for the BIG MAN. It was worth it! Jack in right in front with the Santa hat on. Jack ran right up to Santa and got some help with his hat, coat and gloves.
YAY...A present from Santa!
Bonus pic:
Jack helping Mommy with Christmas decorations! (That's a stocking on his head!)
Another Bonus for just for our blog viewers (You lucky viewers!):
Video of Santa's Plane Taxiing down the runway and Santa driving off the plane in a cart he borrowed from the 67th SOS.
Sorry for the bad cinematography...I was getting jostled by wind and a VERY excited little boy!

2 comments:

  1. Man I miss you guys! Looking at your blog reminds me how much I am missing! Have a great Christmas with your family and I'm glad you made it to the Christmas markets. :) Miss you lots and lots and hopefully I'll send out cards before you make it back from the states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it that EVERY toddler boy puts the Christmas stockings on their feet AND head?
    Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete