Sunday, April 19, 2009

LEGOland Windsor

Easter weekend Jack and I got together with two other families (and a bus load of new friends) and headed down to Windsor for a day at LEGOland. LEGOland is a theme park and they the capital T in theme! EVERYTHING is Lego! All the rides were made to look like lego bricks, the actors in the shows wore outfits similar to little lego people and there was a huge display/model of various European, British and US cities made completely of regular sized legos. It really was fantastic! Jack had a blast riding all the rides and he even got to go on some of them without Mom! My favorite was watching him drive the Lego car. He was the smallest kid in the group and kept crashing his car. When I say crashing I don't mean he was just bumping into the curb like some of the other kids. Nope, it was full 90 degree turns that would block up the whole track! The ride attendants were very patient with him, helped him get back on track and he had a blast. Here are some pictures of our day.
Lego Flamingos
A big Lego Koi Fish in the restaurant where we had lunch...I didn't even see it until I sat down to eat and looked up. It's mouth opened and closed too! Jack checks out the Big Ben model. Tower Bridge Mount Rushmore was the first model we saw..it was cool and talked to us as we walked by....the Presidents were quite the comedians. Getting 'briefed' on how to drive the cars. Read to roll! Like Daddy's blue car! After driving, about to get their new driver's license. Look out fellow drivers! The Kids in from of one of the Mini Lego Cities Jack and Frankie were excited to be in the driver's car. Jack in the Police "Hepercopter" I got to ride too! Mylene and Casey in their rescue chopper. Deb, Frankie and Maggie in the Police Helicopter Ready for take off..sort of. Lego Dragon in front of the Knight's Castle Lego NASA (cool!)

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! But really cold... :) Jack looks so grown up now - I can't believe I've been gone 9 months. Amy

    ReplyDelete